Friday, 17 April 2015 08:31
I love Spring! Seeing the flowers bloom always makes me so happy for the warm weather that’s coming.
For this month’s post, I wanted to share some pretty and easy to make cookies that really scream "SPRING!”
I decorated these cookies using rolled homemade marshmallow fondant that I had left over from a recent project I made, but store bought fondant works well, also.
Using rolled fondant to decorate is the easiest way to get a beautiful cookie in no time, especially when you need a last minute gift.
These bonnet, flower bouquet and dress shoe decorated sugar cookies would be the perfect gift for Teacher Appreciation week or Mother’s Day next month.
To make these Spring themed cookies you will need the following:
Basics of covering a cookie with rolled fondant:
1. Using a small rolling pin, roll the fondant very thinly and use the same cookie cutter as the cookie shape to cut out the fondant.
2. With small spatula, apply a thin coat of royal icing on the cookie.
3. Gently place the fondant piece on top of the cookies and use your fingers to smooth out the edges.
Decorating the Bonnet Cookies
1. Roll, cut, and attach the fondant to the cookie.
2. To add a little more detail, using Tip #2, pipe a few lines along the bonnet using pink royal icing.
3. Sprinkle pink sanding sugar on the lines and remove excess with a small brush.
4. Using a start Tip #14, make 3 separate swirls to form 3 small roses.
5. Attach the sugar pearl.
6. Using a leaf tip #352, make small leaves around the roses.
7. Let the cookies dry for a couple of hours.
Decorating the Flower Bouquet
1. Roll, cut and attach the fondant to the cookie.
2. Make the pink swirl roses and let them set for a bit, then make the white roses.
3. After the roses have set, pipe the leaves.
4. Let the cookies dry for a few hours.
Decorating the Dress Shoes
1. Use a small rolling pin to roll the fondant very thin.
2. Using the same dress shoe cookie cutter that you used to cut the cookies with, cut the fondant and attach to the cookies using a small amount of roller icing.
3. Using your finger smooth out the edges
1. Pipe the swirl rose and attach the sugar pearl.
2. Let the cookies dry.
There you have it! Colorful Spring cookies that will make anyone smile.
For more ideas and cookie decorating tutorials, visit us at The Cookie Cutter Company; your one stop for all your cookies decorating needs.
We would love to see your cookies! Share your cookies on our Facebook page.